页面

2011年10月10日星期一

There will never be another Man in Black

He was like Abraham or Moses — one of the great men who will ever grace the earth. There will Rosetta Stone Outlet never be another Man in Black. Kris KristoffersonI was his janitor for a year and a half at Columbia Records Studio, and I pitched John every song I ever wrote. He never cut any of them then, but he was always encouraging. He even carried one set of my lyrics around in his wallet, and at the time that was enough for me. Then when he got his television show, it was a really important phase in the development of country music here in Nashville. He brought in a lot of people who werent normally in Nashville, like Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor, Ray Charles. He put me on the show, too, and he recorded my song "Sunday Mornin Coming Down" and made it Record of the Year. I never had to work another job again. John was my hero a long time before I ever met him. He represented so much that Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 appealed to me — like freedom. He was willing and able to be the champion of people who didnt have one. And I think the power of his performance came from the tension between this man who was deeply spiritual and also a real wild man. I can see how rappers would love that "I shot a man in Reno" attitude. But to me, he doesnt represent danger, he represents integrity. And, Jesus, thats just what we cant afford to lose today. BonoEvery man could relate to him, but nobody could be him. To be that extraordinary and that ordinary was his real gift. That, and his humor and his bare-boned honesty. When I visited him at home one time, he said the most beautiful, poetic grace. He said, "Shall we bow our heads?" We all bowed our heads. Then, when he was done, he looked at me and Adam Clayton and said, "Sure miss the Rosetta Stone Greek drugs, though." It was just to say, "I havent become a holy Joe." He just couldnt be self-righteous. I think he was a very godly man, but you had the sense that he had spent his time in the desert. And that just made you like him more. It gave his songs some dust. And that voice was definitely locusts and honey. As for "Hurt," its perhaps the best video ever made.I was telling somebody just the other day, "Were all sissies in comparison to Johnny Cash." And he was a zookeeper, too. Did you know he was nearly killed by an emu on his property? He told me, "That emu damn near killed me. I defended myself with a post." But he was laughing as he told the story. So Johnny Cash passed away after seeing off the love of his life. Thats such a different outcome than death by emu. We should be grateful.Al Gore When Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 I was elected to congress twenty-seven years ago, my district included Johnny Cashs home in Hendersonville, twenty-five minutes north of Nashville.

没有评论:

发表评论