页面

2011年10月5日星期三

But theres really no reason to try and emulate what they did

Of course, an artist doesnt normally set out to put people to sleep, particularly when Rosetta Stone Outlet given such prized material. But Falkner quickly adapted to his objective, dismantling his drum kit after a run-through of McCartneys "White Album" ballad "I Will" proved that even the most delicate rhythms could be disruptive. Instead he took a space-age approach inspired by the Moog-heavy educational-film soundtracks of his elementary school days. Acoustic guitars, woodwinds, strings and a multitude of keyboards transform such songs as "Across the Universe," "Blackbird" and "The Fool on the Hill" into blissful, slumbering soundscapes without ever obscuring the impeccable craftsmanship of the compositions. "I didnt really consult the original arrangements too much," he says. "I would get chords down and make sure I wasnt doing anything wrong fundamentally. But theres really no reason to try and emulate what Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 they did. I think thats where people make a mistake when they do covers."The albums not just an unconventional take on the Beatles; its also a world away from Falkners own music, which has always comfortably worn the "power pop" tag. A cursory listen, in fact, will have many wondering if Falkners association with French retro-futurists Air -- with whom he just completed an eleven-week European tour as a hired bassist and vocalist -- inspired him to tone down his normally high-energy attack."How Air influenced me in general is that I dont have to bash out every instrument that Im playing," he says. "The school that I grew up in was Beatles, Kinks, Who, Stones and then later a lot of English punk. Basically, a lot of stuff that Ive been into is people playing full-on at all times. There are dynamics in the arrangements but the Rosetta Stone German performances all have this urgency, which I love with my own music, but I realized playing with Air and in making this record [that you can] have that kind of urgency juxtaposed with some of these more gentle, thoughtful performances." Despite Bedtime With the Beatless intended toddler audience and the albums gender-friendly blue or pink packaging, theres little doubt it will appeal to Fabs fans of all ages, something Falkner credits to the strength of the original tunes."I think because the songs are so good, you cant really argue with what they did melodically," he says. "So you could treat those songs any way you wanted to and theyd still be musically engaging." This is a song that C.J. sang," No on that also.Had there been any talk of a reunion since the Ramones last breakup?When I stopped five years ago, I was ninety-nine Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 percent sure I was not going to come back and play. I was always open, but I didnt want to go back on tour under any circumstance at all. If they could have come up with an offer that I couldnt refuse for one week of jobs, somewhere in the world, I would have thought about it. I dont know if I would have taken it, but I would have thought about it. But I was not going to go back on the road and go play for three months.

没有评论:

发表评论